Can you believe it? Christmas is just a week away! Every year it seems like the holidays come and go in the blink of an eye and this year is certainly no exception. Fortunately, there are still plenty of opportunities to enjoy the holidays around the Triangle area with your family! From visits with Santa to holiday movie nights, make sure to take in as much cheer as you can before the holidays are over!
A Walking Historic Oakwood Candlelight Tour – Historic Oakwood Neighborhood-Raleigh
- Open through December 27th from 9:00 am – 9:00 pm.
- Enjoy a guided tour of one of Raleigh’s most beautiful and historic neighborhoods, lit up and decorated for the holiday season. The 2.3-mile tour begins at the Tucker House (418 N Person St.) and takes between one and two hours. Headphones are recommended in order to get the most enhanced experience.
Christmas Light Hayrides – Lazy Hound Farm
- Open December 18th – 20th and the 23rd – 24th from 4:30 pm – 10:00 pm.
- Enjoy a magical hayride with the family through one of the Triangle’s most popular farms, all light up for Christmas! While at the farm, your family can enjoy animals, hot cocoa, and candy.
- Tickets are $8 per person, with kids ages 2 and under free.
Free Carriage Rides and Santa Visits – Downtown Smithfield
- Open Friday, December 18th from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
- Enjoy a free carriage ride through downtown Smithfield and end with a socially distanced visit with Santa at The Gilded Bear Pear Brew House!
- Rides depart from the corner of Third and Market and everyone must register beforehand for both the carriage ride and the visit with Santa.
Winter Wonders Walk – American Tobacco Campus-Durham
- Open through January 1st, beginning at sunset (around 5:00 pm).
- Enjoy a beautifully lit night with your family and get a perfectly festive holiday picture and enjoy dinner at one of the many unique restaurants around the popular downtown district.
Piper Lights – Wake Forest
- Open Sundays – Thursdays from 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm and Fridays – Saturdays from 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm through January 1st.
- Piper Lights is put on by a single family every year and it has become one of the Triangle’s most anticipated light shows! The 7-acres of lights are available for viewing by drive-thru only this year so get the kids in the car and grab the hot cocoa!
Festival of Lights at Hill Ridge Farm – Youngsville
- Open every night, through December 27th, from 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm.
- Admission is $20 per car and reservations aren’t required!
- Enjoy over a million lights lit up throughout a mile of holiday cheer! Tune in to 98.1 Star FM for the perfect commercial-free Christmas music to compliment the light displays.
Lake Myra Christmas Lights – Wendell
- Open every night from 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm through December 31st.
- This synchronized light show boasts a quarter of a million lights that magically dance in synch with your favorite Christmas classics (tune into 103.3 FM) and is 30 minutes of pure holiday joy!
- They have put a strict policy in place that everyone must maintain a 6-foot social distance from anyone not in their party. And only 50 people are allowed within the fence at any given time. If they are at capacity during the show, guests are welcome to stay behind the fence!
Lights On The Neuse – Boyette Family Farms-Clayton
- Open from 6:00 pm – 9:30 pm through December 24th (Christmas Eve hours will be 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm).
- Tickets are $10 per time slot and tickets have to be purchased ahead of time.
- Enjoy an evening hayride under the magical lights, followed by a picture with Santa! Santa will be keeping a bit of distance for safety precautions but will be close enough to get a wonderful picture with the kids.
Friday Farm Movie Night: Home Alone – Pace Family Farms-Clayton
- Open December 18th from 6:00pm – 10:00pm.
- Enjoy a free screening of Home Alone on the farm with your family! Parking is $15 per car and concessions will be available for purchase.
“Live” Drive-Thru Nativity – Pleasant Hill Christian Church-Benson
- Open Thursday, December 17th, and Friday, December 18th from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm.
- This drive-thru nativity scene will feature ten lantern-lit theatrical scenes and will also include live animals. A perfect way to get the kids involved!
Nativity Walk – A Christmas Eve Journey – New Hope Baptist Church-Raleigh
- Open Thursday, December 24th from 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- Take a slow journey through New Hope Baptist Church and relish in scripture, reflection, and prayer while venturing through 8 stations of biblical stories of Christmas. There will be live nativity scenes and candle lighting as well! If you’re uncomfortable attending in person, there will be a Facebook Live presentation at 5:30.
Enjoy everything that this season has to offer! This year, more than ever, we could all use the extra cheer and hope that the holidays offer!