We have a variety of wonderful parks and trails open for business throughout the Triangle and it is still encouraged to get outside from time to time to ensure both kids and adults keep their mental & physical health strong. Just remember, when outdoors, you still need to social distance! Check out these great outdoor area activities to try:
All of the parks, playgrounds, and activities are closed in Chapel Hill. However, you can still take advantage of the trails and greenways, which will remain open. These trails offer seclusion for families but are still wide enough to keep distance when needed. Dogs are allowed on all of the trails as long as they’re leashed. There are paved walking, paved bike-friendly and natural-surface trails to choose from!
Paved Walking/Biking Trails:
- Bolin Creek Trail
- Fan Branch Trail
- Homestead Park
- Lower Booker Creek Trail
- Meadowmont Trail
- Morgan Creek Trail
- Battle Branch Trail
- Cedar Falls Park Trail
- Dry Creek Trail
- Pritchard Park Trail
- Southern Community Park Trail
- Tanyard Branch Trail
- American Tobacco Trail – This unique trail has 22-plus miles of converted railways into paved trails for hiking, running and biking throughout Durham, Wake and Chatham counties.
- Leigh Farm Park – Enjoy this unique park with the kiddos and walk around the historic grounds. To make the most of it, print out the history of Leigh Farm before you leave home and turn it into an interactive history lesson!
- Rock Quarry Park – This park is known for all of its large festivals and events, so take advantage of the vast space while all the activities are postponed. Although public sporting events are banned, it is still the perfect location for kicking around the soccer ball or playing catch.
- Find the dinosaur hiding on the West Ellerbee Creek Trail!
Outdoor Activities to Do at Home
- Take the dog for a walk in the park or around the neighborhood
- Decorate the driveway or sidewalk with chalk
- Get out the sprinkler and let the kids run around the backyard
- Go for a family bike ride. Remember, this should only be done with members of the immediate family in your household
- Help the kids fine-tune their skills in postponed sports
- Go for a “nature walk” throughout your yard and allow your kids to learn what plants and animals live around your home
- Bust out the bubbles!
- There are also greenways and parks open to the public in Hillsborough. All playgrounds and restrooms are closed but families are still able to utilize the paths for hiking and biking.
- One of the most notable state parks in all of North Carolina remains open and is conveniently located in town. Take advantage of Occoneechee Mountain State Natural Area. Hike along the rivers and bluffs and escape any stress you’re feeling.
There are still quite a few opportunities in Raleigh for families to get outside. All parks are technically still open; however, playground facilities and bathrooms are closed until further notice.
- Capital Area Greenway Trail System – this system connects over 100 miles of trails and parks! This is an ideal system to take advantage of while social distancing due to the vast amount of space for walking, hiking and biking. There is also ample opportunity for bird-watching and enjoying all of the nature that Raleigh has to offer.
- Hike the many trails and enjoy the best that Raleigh has to offer at the state parks. While many of the state parks are now closed, some of the best in the area still remain open! William B. Umstead is known for its extensive trails for hikers, bikers and equestrians alike. This is also an ideal location for fishing.
Everyone’s safety is our first priority. We are providing services electronically – VIRTUAL listing appointments, buyer consultations, virtual showings, & paperwork completed electronically! We are taking steps every day to raise the level of everyone’s safety and health and are preparing our seller’s homes with a more “touch free ” experience and buyer tours with CDC recommended protections.
We will get through this! While we are experiencing some uncertainty, we do know that people will have homes they need to sell and homes that people will need to buy. You will be able to buy and sell Real Estate safely & comfortably wherever it is that you may be.
Our team is here to help you, in any way we can, Real Estate or otherwise.
Call or text us today at ️(919)-414-0337 or 877-478 4669 if you are out of state, for more information.–