There are many reasons why the market is so competitive right now. Record low-interest rates and lower inventory than in previous years have made for a strong Sellers Market and resulting in homes being sold within just a couple of days of being on the market. So, how do you make your offer stand out in a pool of dozens? There are many things to consider to get your offer at the top of a home seller’s list.
- Choose to partner with an experienced and trusted realtor. It can’t be stressed enough how important a professional local realtor is when it comes to searching for homes and making an offer. Do your research and find someone who is trusted and reliable. Agents, such as Masha Halpern, know the market better than anyone and are a crucial asset to not only getting access to your dream home on time but also communicating with sellers, their listing agents, protecting your finances and writing impressive offers.
- Get pre-approved. If you aren’t pre-approved in this market, it is almost a guarantee that your offer won’t get a second look. One of the first steps in the home buying process is getting pre-approved for your mortgage loan. Sellers know you are serious and ready to purchase their home when you’ve taken this step.
- Know what you’re looking for. This may seem self-explanatory but many people begin their home search without agreeing on what is important to them in a house. Review amenities, features, location, school requirements, and more before starting your search. Also make note of what items on your “must-have” list are negotiable if you find a home that meets most of your needs. Having a better understanding of deal-breakers and must-haves will help your realtor narrow down their search and write a more personal and meaningful offer.
- Be Ready to Move Quickly! Like previously mentioned, this market is hot. With low inventory and dozens of offers coming into sellers within hours & days of listing, timing is certainly everything. Clear your schedule and let your realtor know that you’re able to drop what you’re doing in order to view a home immediately after it’s listed. Having that list of must-haves with you will be beneficial since there will be very little time for deciding whether or not to make an offer.
- Keep things simple. Steer away from needing multiple inspections. Sellers want a smooth closing process so find an inspector that is thorough and trusted so you’ll have the peace of mind of only needing one. It’s also a great idea to stay away from any contingencies if at all possible.
- Start with an offer that shows the sellers you are serious. In a seller’s market it is important to understand that you’ll only get one shot at the offer before the sellers choose the offers that meet their needs.
- Make it personal. Include a personal letter with your offer, written by you personally. Let the seller get to know you and understand why their home would be a perfect match for you and your family. Is it the neighborhood, schools, or parks? Does the house have sentimental value to you in some way? Is it the dream kitchen you’re hoping to make memories with your family and entertain during the holidays or Sunday dinners? Establishing an emotional rapport with the seller could be the one thing that gives your offer that final slight edge.
Keep in mind that, even though things are moving fast on the market right now, going through all of the offers submitted still might take some time. Sit back and relax because you’ve chosen a trusted and valued realtor like Masha! She’ll do everything she can to make sure your offer is highly considered.
Everyone’s safety is our first priority. We are providing services electronically – VIRTUAL listing appointments, buyer consultations, virtual showings, & paperwork completed electronically! We are taking steps every day to raise the level of everyone’s safety and health and are preparing our seller’s homes with a more “touch-free ” experience and buyer tours with CDC recommended protections.
We will get through this! While we are experiencing some uncertainty, we do know that people will have homes they need to sell and homes that people will need to buy. You will be able to buy and sell Real Estate safely & comfortably wherever it is that you may be.
Our team is here to help you, in any way we can, Real Estate or otherwise.
Call or text us today at ️(919)-414-0337 or 877-478 4669 if you are out of state, for more information.