It’s obvious by now that North Carolina is home to many exceptional food and dessert trails. But did you know that we are also home to quality and breathtaking beverage trails?! From fine wine to the best moonshine the south has to offer, these trails certainly won’t be a one-and-done experience!
Johnston County Beer, Wine and Shine Trail – Johnston County
This trail is sure to please everyone in the group! Johnston County has long been known for producing the best wines, spirits, and beer in the area and this trail is the perfect victory lap to celebrate its heritage!
- Breweries – Deep River Brewing Co., Double Barley Brewery, and Fainting Goat Brewing Co. collectively provide unique brews served in both pints and tasting flights. Guests will also enjoy a vast variety of appetizers, live music, and an on-site chocolatier.
- Wineries – Gregory Vineyards and Hinnant Family Vineyards are both home to families of local farmers dating back decades. Enjoy a copious amount of award-winning wines while enjoying the beauty and pride that Johnston County has to offer!
- Spirits – Johnston County has long been considered to be the moonshine capital of North Carolina and you’ll see exactly why at Broadslab Distillery! Offering both tours and tastings, it’s the only distillery in the state that grows and harvests the corn, as well as makes the moonshine, directly on site.
Yadkin River Wine Trail – Winston-Salem
This trail is more than just incredible views! These five wineries guarantee a wonderful day of tasting.
- Flint Hill Vineyards
- Enjoy your day of tasting award-winning wines in an impeccably restored 1800’s farmhouse, surrounded by oak trees dating centuries.
- Divine Llama Vineyards
- Located in another rustic, restored farmhouse, Divine Llama is nestled on 25 total acres of pastures and vineyards surrounded by llamas and miniature horses! Both tastings and tours are available.
- Cellar 4201
- Offering both tastings and tours, enjoy this boutique-style winery from their gorgeous patio. Guests are allowed to bring in their own appetizers.
- RagApple Lassie Vineyards
- RagApple offers award-winning wines, grown with top-of-the-line vinifera grapes. Stop by on a Saturday and enjoy live entertainment on the patio!
- Sanders Ridge
- End your trail tour at Sanders Ridge! This winery perfectly encapsulates the heritage of Yadkin Valley while offering an immense amount of award-winning wine blends.
Southern Gateway Wine Trail – Lexington
An added bonus for this winery trail? It matches up with the Lexington portion of the North Carolina BBQ Trail so you surely won’t go hungry!
- Childress Vineyards – Enjoy one of the finest tasting rooms in the nation while drinking one of the many award-winning wines in their collection. Also on site: an intimate bistro and live music.
- Native Vines Winery – What makes Native Vines so special is the fact that it’s the first Native American Indian-owned winery. They are committed to producing natural wines that sustain not only their guest’s pallets but also the environment.
- Junius Lindsay Vineyard – You’ll get only the best at Junius Lindsay! Enjoy tastings of their nationally acclaimed French-style wines in the authentic brick-ceiling cellar.
- Weathervane Winery – Weathervane prides themselves on their 19 different small-batch wines. Everything is done by hand!
Asheville Ale Trail – Asheville
Asheville has made a wonderful name for itself in the craft beer industry in recent years. You’ll get nothing but the best taprooms, bars, and breweries on this tour of Asheville!
- There are, in total, over 60 breweries, and 15 taprooms to choose from! From national breweries such as Sierra Nevada, to local favorites like Hi-Wire, the trail will never get old!
- For a more guided experience, follow their suggested routes:
- Sierra Nevada and Brevard – This driving tour will take you the better part of the day and is worth the view! You’ll drive both south and west of downtown Asheville and finish it off with a scenic hike up to the of Looking glass Rock.
- Bike Tour: Westside to Downtown – Bike your way through West Asheville, the River Arts District and the Brewery District of town, South Slope! There are also plenty of locally-owned restaurants to keep you full throughout your journey!
- WNC Cideries – Looking for something other than traditional beer? This driving tour starts just north of Asheville and takes you south to enjoy all of the best cideries in the area!
- Go West! – Another beautiful driving tour that will take you west of the city to enjoy five different breweries in three different towns.
- Walking: Patton Ave & Downtown – Enjoy a casual day throughout downtown and take advantage of hometown beer bars, breweries, a premiere bottle shop and a stop at a local pizza shop to keep you full!
- Walking: South Slope – This tour will take you through the brewery district of the city and guide you through five of the most well-known breweries in the state! It’s an easy walk with plenty of restaurants and local bars as well.
Now all you have to do is get your favorite drinking connoisseurs and hit the road!