Summer has just started; the kids are invested in new activities and routines and it’s only a couple of weeks after the excitement of Mother’s Day…but don’t let that overshadow showering Dad with the love and time he deserves this Father’s Day! Even with the current climate, there are plenty of options to spoil dad right here in the triangle area. Here are some of our favorite ideas!
Get creative! Dad’s do so much for our families on a daily basis and often with little recognition. Spending quality time doing the things they love most will mean everything to them!
- One of the hardest things many dads have had to endure during the pandemic is a lack of sports. Well, Durham Bulls Baseball has come to the rescue! Take advantage of their “Baseball at Home” packages and give dad a day he’s been longing for. Their offering three special packages, the “single”. “double” and “triple”. Each package comes with authentic park food to grill, a branded cooler, and more memorabilia to complete the perfect at-home baseball experience! Packages are available to order and pick up Thursday and Friday.
- Get outside! The parks are open for business and the weather is ideal! Get out of the house and active with dad at the many state parks in the area. A special tip: get there as early as you can. Not only will the temps be more ideal but also you are more likely to get in. Once the lots are full, the parks are forced to shut the gate until spots re-open and this has been happening quickly at many parks!
- Let him SLEEP IN! What better way to say I love you than giving him the morning off? Let him sleep in and have the kids help prepare breakfast in bed with all of his favorites! Who says breakfast in bed has to be just for mom?
- Take him fishing. Does it get any better for the dad in your life than spending the day on the lake fishing with his favorite beer in hand? Take him fishing in one of the many ideal locations in the triangle area.
- Spend the weekend camping. Get out and take advantage of the quality bonding that only the outdoors can offer. Whether it’s for the night or the weekend, pack up and go out on an adventure. Are the campsites full? Sometimes backyard camping is the best kind!
- Enjoy an at-home beer tasting. Are the kids all in bed for the night? Top off a memorable Father’s Day with a beer tasting that includes all of his favorites and a couple of newbies that might spark his interest.
- Get out on the greens and golf a round or two. This can be done by the whole family or just dad and the older kids. Make sure to check with the different courses regarding any COVID precautions or restrictions.
- Catch a movie. Indoor theaters might still be closed but the outdoor theater is making a comeback! Outdoor movies are such a fun way to make new memories as a family and there are two to choose from in the greater area in Raleigh Outdoor Theater and Hubb’s Farm (about 75 miles south of Raleigh). Both sites have made getting tickets conveniently online.
There are so many options for meals to both cook for and with the dad of the house this year and many local restaurants have put together packages and specials that you won’t want to pass on.
- Beef ‘O’ Brady’s – Dad’s eat free on Father’s Day with the purchase of equal or greater value of up to $10.
- Benihana’s – Get a $10 gift card when you purchase $50 in gift cards until June 21st. the $10 promotion is good form June 22nd – July 26th.
- BJ’s Brewhouse – Buy $50 in e-gift cards until June 21st and get a $10 promotion that can be redeemed from June 22nd – July 12th.
- Firehouse Subs – Get triple loyalty points when you order a family meal deal on Father’s Day weekend.
- The Hickory Tavern – The first 10 Dads at every location will eat for free on Father’s Day with a purchase of $25 or more.
- Omaha Steaks are offering incredible discounts for dad and guaranteeing rush shipping.
We hope you have the perfect weekend showering all of the dads in your life with all of the love that they so deserve! Whether it’s a movie night under the stars or grilling with extended family, remember to make it all about him; there is something perfect out there for every dad!
Everyone’s safety is our first priority. We are providing services electronically – VIRTUAL listing appointments, buyer consultations, virtual showings, & paperwork completed electronically! We are taking steps every day to raise the level of everyone’s safety and health and are preparing our seller’s homes with a more “touch-free ” experience and buyer tours with CDC recommended protections.
We will get through this! While we are experiencing some uncertainty, we do know that people will have homes they need to sell and homes that people will need to buy. You will be able to buy and sell Real Estate safely & comfortably wherever it is that you may be.
Our team is here to help you, in any way we can, Real Estate or otherwise.
Call or text us today at ️(919)-414-0337 or 877-478 4669 if you are out of state, for more information.