Calling all children and doting spouse’s! Now, more than ever, it’s important to shower your mom with love this Mother’s Day. The last couple of months have been difficult for everyone and moms everywhere have not missed a beat. The triangle area has wonderful options to show mom your love for her!
Whether she loves to get chocolates and flowers or prefers something more creative, there are plenty of ideas to take advantage of this weekend!
Flowers: Beautiful flowers can be found everywhere in the spring and, thankfully, the farmer’s markets are starting to open back up! There is nothing sweeter than a fresh bouquet of flowers from the market! Here are our favorite go-to’s that are currently open for business:
Carrboro Farmer’s Market – Located in Chapel Hill. This market is open Saturday from 7:00 am – 12:00 pm and Wednesdays from 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
Chapel Hill Farmer’s Market – Located in Chapel Hill. This market is open Saturdays from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm and Tuesdays from 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
Durham Farmer’s Market – Located in Durham. This market is open Saturdays from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm.
Durham Roots Farmer’s Market – Located in Durham. This market is open from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm on Saturdays.
SoDu Farmer’s Market – Located in Durham. This market is open from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm on Saturdays.
State Farmer’s Market – Located in Raleigh. This market is open Monday – Saturday from 5:00 am – 6:00 pm and Sundays from 8:00 am – 6:00 pm.
Midtown Farmer’s Market – Located in Raleigh. This market is open Saturdays from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm.
The Saturday Market at Rebus Works – Located in Raleigh. This market is open Saturdays from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm.
Western Wake Farmer’s Market – Located in Morrisville. This market is open Saturdays from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm.
All of the farmer’s markets are taking necessary precautions to keep both the vendors and the community safe while they’re open. Don’t hesitate to check out their pages or call them to get the most up to date changes including hours, pet restrictions, and what is/isn’t available.
Support your community and shop local: Whether you’re looking for the perfect gift or takeout meal, you can support our communities in a time of need while giving your mom the perfect day!
- Buy her chocolates from some of the local favorites such as Special Treats and Videri. Both shops are locally owned and open for curbside pickup!
- Alamo Drafthouse – Make your meal an experience! Alamo Drafthouse is currently selling meal kits for $30 (or less!) that include the perfect meal along with a mystery DVD. As an added bonus, you can choose to also include various puzzles and games. They’re offering both delivery and curbside pickup.
- Brier Creek Country Club – Are you feeding more than two or three people? Brier Creek is offering Mother’s Day to-go packages that include a meal that feeds up to five AND a mimosa kit for mom! This deal is offered for curbside pickup.
- Bull and Bean Cafe – Offering Mother’s Day brunch for two or four that also includes making your own “to-gosa’s”. These deals are offered for both delivery or curbside pickup!
- Chef’s Palette – Chef’s Palette is offering meals both already cooked and ready to eat as well as grill your own kits. They also have their full menu available to order so you can make your own Mother’s Day brunch buffet!
- Taverna Agora – Offering brunch to-go that serves 4-5 people. You can also add a premium mimosa kit! This deal is offered for pickup and delivery.
- Does your mom have a favorite local business? Retail Stores are officially allowed to open their doors on Friday. While there are still restrictions, it’s the perfect timing to get her a gift from her go-to shop.
- While salons and spas are still unable to open for the time being, now is the perfect time to get her a gift card to get pampered and give her something to look forward to!
Other Activities for the Day
If you’re still wanting to fill your day with adventure, think about planning some of the following:
- Go on a picnic. You can do this in your own backyard or plan a social distance picnic with other family members at a local park. Many parks are reopening but make sure to check before you go.
- State parks are also reopening this weekend, just in time to enjoy some fresh air as a family.
- Have a virtual get together. The options are ENDLESS! Does mom like wine? Get the family “together” for a virtual wine tasting. You could also play online games or just enjoy the virtual company.
- Go strawberry picking. There are many strawberry farms in the area that are opening back up! Again, make sure to check for the latest updates before you head there.
- Let her choose the movie. And enjoy it! Let mom choose her favorite guilty pleasure movie and watch it together.
Whether you get out and enjoy the community or you stay home and order in, remember that mom ultimately cares about one thing. Being together. We wish every mom the most wonderful Mother’s Day!
Everyone’s safety is our first priority. We are providing services electronically – VIRTUAL listing appointments, buyer consultations, virtual showings, & paperwork completed electronically! We are taking steps every day to raise the level of everyone’s safety and health and are preparing our seller’s homes with a more “touch-free ” experience and buyer tours with CDC recommended protections.
We will get through this! While we are experiencing some uncertainty, we do know that people will have homes they need to sell and homes that people will need to buy. You will be able to buy and sell Real Estate safely & comfortably wherever it is that you may be.
Our team is here to help you, in any way we can, Real Estate or otherwise.
Call or text us today at ️(919)-414-0337 or 877-478 4669 if you are out of state, for more information.