Coronavirus FAQ’s for our Home Sellers
The Masha Halpern Boutique Real Estate Team is grateful for the trust you put in us to achieve your real estate goals. We are all adjusting to life & work changes due to the CoronaVirus pandemic. Many of you have asked us some thoughtful questions about how we will help you sell your homes. In response to your questions and in an effort to find safe & effective ways to meet your home selling needs, our team has developed strategies to best serve you.
Here are some of your concerns and how our team will safely guide you as we sell your home:
Q- Can I still show my house during the Coronavirus pandemic?
A- Absolutely!! Our team has adapted to the new “stay at home” restrictions. Visual Tours of homes and private inspections are the new “norm”.
We take this situation very seriously and are committed to practicing social distancing, proper sanitizing, and following the guidelines and protocols mandated by the orders of our local Counties and State.
Here are a few things we provide or arrange for you:
- Zoom/Facetime Pre-Listing appointments on how to prep your home for sale/staging advice
- Zoom Listing Appointments and sometimes an on-site pre-marketing meeting following proper distancing and local safety protocols.
- Virtual (pre-recorded) Home Tours performed by our professional Photographer
- An Initial Live Video Tour with a potential client & their Realtor
- We provide sanitizer, wipes, and masks for showing agents in case they do not have enough for their clients when they do come.
- For showings, we ask that you leave lights on, open interior doors for cabinetry/closets & rooms so our Realtors do not have to touch surfaces.
- A Guideline Placard for showing your home to all Realtors located outside or directly inside your main entry door.
- Depending on the County we have different guidelines. In some areas, a Realtor may accompany one buyer at a time into a home to show it. In neighboring areas, two buyers who are “socially- distancing” together, are not exhibiting illness & have not recently traveled may go into a home together while their Realtor stays outside but directs them through the house on Facetime.
- We ask our buyers to leave children at home and we only allow people who are the actual buyers ( no family or friends ), to come to showings so that we can take every precaution to keep you and your family/home as safe as possible while still working to meet your home selling plan.
Q- Do you meet personally with your clients?
A- At this time, in-person meetings are prohibited, except when “necessary”, for our clients to view a property or sign necessary documents when they cannot be done online.
Q- Will I be able to have renovations or repairs done?
A- YES! Essential workers such as plumbers, electricians, exterminators, and other service providers who provide services that are necessary for maintaining safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences are allowed. They will follow the same guidelines as we do regarding health and safety.
Q- Do you do Open Houses & Property Viewings?
A- In-person & general public Open Houses are not permitted. We do virtual open houses. Those consist of a few options- 1. Masha will visit your home with a colleague and video record a personal perspective tour of your home to use in our online and social media marketing, 2. Masha and a colleague can host a Live Matterport Virtual Tour watch on social media as part of the greater marketing campaign she creates for your home.
We exercise social distancing at all times & ask that if you live in your home that we have unrestricted access and are alone at the home during these recordings for everyone’s health.
Q- How are you presenting offers to sellers?
A- We present offers either by a phone call or a Zoom/Facetime meeting. Documents are sent electronically to review and sign.
Call or text Masha & The Boutique Homes Team at 919-414-0337 with any additional questions you may have about selling and buying in Chapel Hill, Durham & beyond.